Workplace / Company Support
Whether you are looking to boost employee morale, to give back to your community or to improve your reputation- partnering with Deafway presents great opportunities to companies whatever their charitable aims. We’d be happy to come and talk to you about the possibilities. There are plenty of ways that local businesses can work with us. Below are just a few examples.
- Send electronic Christmas cards and donate the money saved on postage
- Match your employees’ fundraising efforts
- Group Challenge Events – organise a skydive, parachute jump, run or walk. You find the people and tell us what you’d like to do and we’ll provide sponsorship information.
- Give our staff and volunteers a discount
- Make a donation from your Charitable Trust
- Make us your Charity of The Year
- Hold an office fundraiser
- Offer your employees Payroll Giving
- Give us free space for a fundraising appeal in your staff magazine
Contact us to find out more about the potential benefits to your company.
What is Match Funding?
Match funding is a simple way to maximise your fundraising efforts. If you work for an organisation that has a match funding policy, any money you raise could be matched (doubled) by your employer. Companies may match the fundraising total for an event, or for the stall that their employee is working on. Usually, the employee will need to supply them with a letter from the organisation detailing the date and nature of the event, together with the total raised.
Please contact email@example.com with details of your event, how much your have raised and the contact details of your employer if you need a letter.
How can I find out if my employer will match fund?
We understand that the high street banks, building societies, supermarkets and large corporations are likely to do match funding, but these schemes are not exclusive to the major corporate giants. If you work for an independent company, they may be interested in charitable giving through match funding too.
How can I help Deafway to raise more money?
We would be grateful if you could see if your employer has a match funding scheme, or if they are willing to match fund any of our events. If you can’t help out this time, but you know the company you work for has a match funding policy, please let us know. This could be a really large source of income for us and help us raise money to help provide access and create opportunities for D/deaf people.
If you are able to help us this way, please let Nicola know and we can discuss your companies’ requirements.
Clubs & Societies
Are you part of a club, interest group or association? Perhaps you are a member of a Deaf Club, Rotary Club, choir or church group and you and your friends are looking for a way of getting more involved with charity?
People like to get involved with supporting Deafway’s work as:
- we’re happy to come and talk to your group
- we’ll work closely with you to find out which aspects of our work interest your members
- we can create opportunities for you to support and visit our projects both in the UK and internationally
- we’ll help you to develop your fundraising ideas
We’d love to discuss how your club and Deafway could work together. For example, you might choose to adopt a specific project. The Rotary Club of Preston Guild chose Deafway as their international charity for three years, in particular the Navayjoti Deaf School in Nepal. The Rotary Club of Preston has since followed suit. Both Clubs feel that we tick boxes for them as we are based locally and can offer them the opportunity to visit their chosen project and see for themselves where their money is going. In addition to the numerous kinds of generous support they have offered our international projects, both clubs are now supporting our UK work.
Contact us to find out more.